INTRODUCTION TO ASGO
The Australian Society of Gynaecologic Oncologists (ASGO) was established in 1986. The Society was incorporated in 2013 and obtained recognition as a Health Promotion Charity by the Australian Charity and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC) in 2014.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
- The primary objective is to promote and improve standards of care of patients with gynaecologic cancer.
- To promote postgraduate, undergraduate and community education in the area of gynaecologic oncology.
- To promote research into gynaecologic oncology.
- To advise upon and assist in the training and teaching of gynaecologic oncologists.
- To undertake other such activities as would support the achievement of the stated objectives.